Shared Maternity Care
With shared maternity care, your ongoing care is divided between GPs and an outpatient clinic. This type of care is for women with an uncomplicated pregnancy who prefer to see a GP for most of their pregnancy care. The outpatient clinic will see you for key check-ups.
Shared maternity care is a popular option of care for healthy women with a low-risk pregnancy. Shared maternity care means that during your pregnancy, the same general practitioner, obstetrician or community midwife can follow you throughout your pregnancy journey for most of your pregnancy visits with some visits at the hospital. Please enquire with our friendly reception staff to see which GPs at Women’s Health Hub provide shared maternity care services.
To participate in shared maternity care, your GP must be registered with Werribee Mercy Hospital and other maternity hospitals as be an accredited antenatal care provider
Shared care providers are:
- Dr Lianne Wong
- Dr Deborah Humphries
- Dr Jean Ong
- Dr Laura Chapman
- Dr Katie Mellor
Post Natal Health
- Six Week Checks
- Breast Feeding Support (with Support Partners)
- Post-Natal Aftercare and Complications
- Counselling for Prevention and Treatment of Post-Natal Depression
- Baby Clinics (with support partners)
- Practical Procedures (including implanon and IUDs)
- Counselling and Referral for Sterilization.